Do you ever get in the shower and suddenly notice the tile grout is super GROSS! Or you are cleaning like crazy because company is coming and you just haven’t noticed until now.
When did that happen?! How did it happen? What was the original color of the grout anyway?
Can you get it clean without using harsh, toxic chemicals?
YES! You can TOTALLY get that grout looking new again and clean it with Non-Toxic products! We have a simple recipe that will have your tile grout sparkling clean in no time!
Is Dirty Grout Dangerous?
Yes, Dirty Grout can be dangerous– even DEADLY 😵!
Dirty Grout and Tile = Dirty Air
The stuff growing on your grout and tile is being released into the air that you breathe. So every time you step into the tub/shower and get into that nice, warm, moist air, you are breathing in the mold spores living in your grout.
Bacteria and mold love a warm and moist environment too! It helps them grow and releases them into the air. That can create a very dangerous and unhealthy environment for you and your family!
Dangerous Bacteria Growing On Your Grout
These are some of the bacteria that may be on your grout and tile ANYWHERE in your home:
- Streptococcus (Strep)- Strep is the cause behind Scarlet Fever, TSS, Impetigo, Cellulitis, Strep throat,and the Flesh Eating bacteria (Group A Strep). It’s highly contagious and can be deadly!
- Staphylococcus (Staph) -Causes MRSA, Blisters/Boils. Impetigo, and Cellulitis. It is highly contagious and can also be deadly.
- Salmonella– Surprisingly, this is one of the most common bacteria found in bathrooms, not just your countertops.
- E. coli– causes severe, bloody diarrhea, stomach pain, vomiting, fever, and can be deadly; especially in children, the elderly, and those with compromised immune systems.
- Campylobacter– can cause severe and bloody diarrhea.
- Mold/Mildew– They really love warm and humid environments and can cause respiratory problems that can be mild to severe. They are especially problematic for those with asthma.
- Fungus– Things like athlete’s foot and plantar’s warts are easily transferred to the tile and grout every time you walk on the floor.
Note: Remember, whenever you flush your toilet, these bacteria are aerosolized into little tiny water droplets that are going up to 6 feet into the air! This means there can be all kinds of bacteria landing all over your bathroom!
Possible Health Effects of those bacteria:
- Upper Respiratory Irritation
- Severe Diarrhea
You Don’t Need Toxic Chemicals To Effectively Clean Grout
While it may be tempting to go and grab a big bottle of bleach off the shelf at the store, it isn’t necessary. And, using toxic chemicals to clean is just as dangerous to your health as the bacteria you’re trying to kill!
You can safely clean your grout and tile using Non-Toxic ingredients! Your grout will be clean and you will have done it without making yourself or your family sick!
How to Clean and Sanitize Grout
The most important ingredient you need to naturally sanitize that grout and make it look good as new is Truly Free Oxyboost!
As soon as water hits Oxyboost, it starts fizzing! Those millions of tiny bubbles forming causes nasty bacteria/mold/fungus to dissolve so you can scrub them away!
OxyBoost is the strong, biodegradable way to remove mold and bacteria! You get a clean bathroom effortlessly and without toxic chemicals – we call that a win-win!
Ready to Clean that Grout?!
Non-Toxic Grout Cleaner Recipe
- Hot Water
- TrulyFree Laundry Wash, premixed from the jug (Optional)
- 3 Scoops Oxyboost
- Scrub Brush
Note: Using the Laundry Wash is optional, but does add extra cleaning power for those extra stubborn stains.
- Mix enough TrulyFree™ Laundry Wash OR Hot Water with
Oxyboost to make a paste
- Spread the paste onto the grout.
- Scrub away stains with scrub brush
- Use a Non-Scratch scrub brush or TrulyFree™ Eco Sponge to scrub any stubborn stains
- Rinse off and enjoy grout that looks like new!
Clean Grout = A Healthy Family
Yay YOU! You just cleaned your grout, making a cleaner, safer environment for you and your family!
And you did it WITHOUT Toxic Chemicals that can cause permanent damage to your family’s health. Now that’s a win-win!!
Now that you have that grout sparkling clean, you just need to maintain it.
To keep it looking good and bacteria free, we recommend you spray the shower daily with a Non-Toxic spray cleaner, such as TrulyFree™ Bathroom Cleaner. Use this to help prevent build-up over time.
For tile floors, regular mopping with Non-Toxic spray cleaners, such as TrulyFree™ Floor Cleaner, TrulyFree™ Bathroom Cleaner, or TrulyFree™ Everyday Cleaner, will help maintain them longer in between also.
If you follow these suggestions, then you should only need to deep-clean your tile and grout 1-2 times per year.
Looking for more easy, safe, and non-toxic solutions to cleaning your home?
Whatever job you need to tackle, we are ready to help you be the superhero of your home!
All TrulyFree™ products are non-toxic and considerate of the environment. The first time you purchase a product that requires a jug/bottle/cover, you will receive the container for free. After that you will only receive refills.
Got laundry? Got things to clean? If you have stains, we have answers! Check out the rest of our blog for more tips and tricks!